Information Skills Training Timetable
Using the Library Catalogue
Learn how to use the Library Catalogue
Workshops run for 30 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know what the Library Catalogue contains.
- Know how to perform basic searches.
- Know how to interpret the catalogue record.
- Know how to make searches more precise.
|Mon 5 April 2021||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
|Mon 12 April 2021||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
|Mon 19 April 2021||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
|Mon 26 April 2021||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
Finding Journal Articles
Learn how to use databases to find journal articles
Workshops run for 90 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know why you should use databases to find information for your assignments.
- Be able to choose an appropriate database for your assignment.
- Learn how to create an effective search strategy.
- Know how to retrieve the information you have found.
|Tue 6 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Tue 13 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Tue 20 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Tue 27 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
Using the Internet for assignments
Learn about effective Internet searching
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand what a web browser and a URL are.
- Know the difference between search engines, subject directories and metasearch tools.
- Use Google Basic and advanced search tools.
- Use Google Scholar and find full text.
- Evaluate web sites.
- Reference web pages or information from the Internet.
|Wed 7 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Wed 14 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Wed 21 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Wed 28 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
This online workshop will demonstrate what you need to know to get started with EndNote.
When used correctly EndNote software can help you manage your references and save you time when preparing research papers. This hands-on introductory session, suitable for anyone who wants to understand the fundamentals of EndNote will ensure you know how to:
- Create an EndNote library
- Add references manually or by direct export from databases
- Check your references for accuracy in accordance with your chosen referencing style
- Organise your library into groups
- Insert citations into a Word document
- Format a bibliography (reference list) in a chosen style
- Troubleshoot problems
|Thu 8 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Thu 15 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Thu 22 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Thu 29 April 2021||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
Book A Class
To book a class, please fill in the Information Skills Training Form.
The Limit of participant is only 20 persons for every class.