Information Skills Training Timetable
Using the Library Catalogue
Learn how to use the Library Catalogue
Workshops run for 30 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know what the Library Catalogue contains.
- Know how to perform basic searches.
- Know how to interpret the catalogue record.
- Know how to make searches more precise.
|Mon 10 January 2022||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
|Mon 17 January 2022||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
|Mon 24 January 2022||10:00am||30 mins||Online|
Finding Journal Articles
Learn how to use databases to find journal articles
Workshops run for 90 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know why you should use databases to find information for your assignments.
- Be able to choose an appropriate database for your assignment.
- Learn how to create an effective search strategy.
- Know how to retrieve the information you have found.
|Tue 11 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Tue 18 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Tue 25 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
Using the Internet for assignments
Learn about effective Internet searching
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Understand what a web browser and a URL are.
- Know the difference between search engines, subject directories and metasearch tools.
- Use Google Basic and advanced search tools.
- Use Google Scholar and find full text.
- Evaluate web sites.
- Reference web pages or information from the Internet.
|Wed 12 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Wed 19 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Wed 26 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
This online workshop will demonstrate what you need to know to get started with EndNote.
When used correctly EndNote software can help you manage your references and save you time when preparing research papers. This hands-on introductory session, suitable for anyone who wants to understand the fundamentals of EndNote will ensure you know how to:
- Create an EndNote library
- Add references manually or by direct export from databases
- Check your references for accuracy in accordance with your chosen referencing style
- Organise your library into groups
- Insert citations into a Word document
- Format a bibliography (reference list) in a chosen style
- Troubleshoot problems
|Thu 13 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Thu 20 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
|Thu 27 January 2022||10:00am||90 mins||Online|
Book A Class
To book a class, please fill in the Information Skills Training Form.
The Limit of participant is only 20 persons for every class.