Information Skills Training Timetable
Learn how to use the Library Catalogue. Workshops run for 30 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know what the Library Catalogue contains.
- Know how to perform basic searches.
- Know how to interpret the catalogue record.
- Know how to make searches more precise.
Learn how to use databases to find journal articles. Workshops run for 90 minutes. By the end of the workshops, you will:
- Know why you should use databases to find information for your assignments.
- Be able to choose an appropriate database for your assignment.
- Learn how to create an effective search strategy.
- Know how to retrieve the information you have found.
Learn about effective Internet searching. By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Know the difference between search engines, subject directories and metasearch tools.
- Use Google Scholar and find full text.
- Evaluate web sites.
- Reference web pages or information from the Internet.
This online workshop will demonstrate what you need to know to get started with EndNote. When used correctly EndNote software can help you manage your references and save you time when preparing research papers. This hands-on introductory session, suitable for anyone who wants to understand the fundamentals of EndNote will ensure you know how to:
- Create an EndNote library.
- Add references manually or by direct export from databases.
- Check your references for accuracy in accordance with your chosen referencing style.
- Insert citations into a Word document
- Format a bibliography (reference list) in a chosen style
- Troubleshoot problems
- Organise your library into groups.
Book A Class
To book a class, please fill in the Information Skills Training Form.
The Limit of participant is only 20 persons for every class.