Library Rules & Responsibilities
The following code of behaviour governing the use of the library by the students shall be enforced in order to provide a standard of acceptable behaviour:
Please respect your study environment
- Treat others with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- Always carry your University ID card as you need it to access the Library and its resources. Don’t lend it to anyone.
- Keep your belongings with you at all times. You are responsible for keeping them safe.
- Choose the appropriate zone for your studies. If you wish to work together, use one of the Group Study Room or Discussion Room. You will be asked to move or leave if your behaviour disturbs others.
- You may bring dry non-perishable snacks and lidded drinks into the Library. Please dispose of your litter responsibly.
Using Library resources
- Only take resources out of the Library that you have borrowed. Remember to return or renew them on time to avoid fines.
- Treat Library property with respect. You will be charged for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Remember the Library’s online services are for academic use only and must not be used for any commercial purpose.
- Clearance of accounts will be as the following:
- Academic or non-academic staffs that resigned, or on study leave are required to return all materials borrowed from the library.
- Students who postpone, withdraw, quit, terminated or have completed their courses at the University must return all borrowed materials to the library.
- Always follow copyright law and don’t plagiarise.
Using IT Resources
- Always log out when you leave a PC. Never share your network ID and password with anyone else.
- Don’t view, send or download anything offensive.
- Installing software or changing any of the microcomputer system set-ups or any of the Library’s personal computers is also strictly prohibited.
Keep yourself and others safe
- Keep aisles, stairs and fire exits clear at all times.
- Avoid causing trip hazards with trailing wires or bags.
- Don’t move the library furniture.
- Leave your umbrella at the umbrella rack at the library entrance.
Emergency evacuation procedures
- If the fire alarm sounds, please leave the Library immediately by the nearest fire exit. Do not use the lifts.
Library privileges will be limited by the Head of Library for the following reasons:
- Damaging library property.
- Stealing library materials.
- Threatening or physically harming staff or patrons.
- Criminal acts committed on the premises.
- Disruptive behaviour.
General Misconduct will be managed in accordance with Statute 10 and the Rules.
Please refer to:
|Standards and Conduct|
|One Curtin Global General Misconduct Rules
Remember Library staff are here to help if you have any concerns.